FURNITURE

My blog is of my creations, My furniture, using wood I have collected from here and there, occasionally buying some to make up the difference.
My design is often based around what I have available.
Comments welcome, thanks for your visit.

My Trade Mark

My Trade Mark
I'm into diamonds

Friday, June 7, 2024

Old, new here

 This is a piece that I made a while ago but did not show here.

This is a piece of Puriri  a tree that was cut down close to where I live it normally takes a long time to dry so this was still wet when I started the work on it, the yellow wood is the sap wood so the dark wood is the hart wood, there was some rot in it which I carved away.

The length is 240mm and the height is 70mm, painted with acrylic paints and finished with a rattle can of satin spray.






No comments:

Post a Comment