Saturday, February 9, 2013
I made the legs for the first Teak table from solid teak and it split a number of times and I did a lot of gluing bits back on I was not happy about the first ones so made it very difficult this time by laminating the teak around 3mm ply I of course had to clash the edges and the edge with the curve was the challenge as can be seen in the bottom photo.
I also have a nice taper on them being 10mm at the bottom to 20mm at the top, this time I went to the trouble of making a jig and
fed them through the thicknesser giving me a much better result than on the first table where I dropped the legs on the buzzer and went from nothing to a set depth.
I am pleased I have taken the time on this one and now intend putting a slight bevel around the top to take away the square look.