FURNITURE

My blog is of my creations, My furniture, using wood I have collected from here and there, occasionally buying some to make up the difference.
My design is often based around what I have available.
Comments welcome, thanks for your visit.

My Trade Mark

My Trade Mark
I'm into diamonds

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Lets celabrate spring

We had the most wonderful day for the first day of spring but today was not so hot.
I now have the legs to the table veneered, I have used 12mm ply and I was a little concerned as they did feel a little bendy I veneered all edges with 1mm veneer's glued with PVA,  I did the vacuum press of the first side over the weekend and the second side this morning and now they are so much stiffer just no flex at all, so this coming weekend may just see me having a go at hand cutting some dovetails, I have used a machine for all my dovetails in recent years so to hand cut some will be a first in over 35 years, the draw front is thin so there will have to be something special about the dovetails.
I am thinking to detach the legs for the purpose of spraying the table as I think I will get a better sand job and it will be just so much more crisp, the top will of course be loose.
No photos this time, but once the draw is made I will assemble it then it will be worth a photo.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Bob I can see you have been rally busy. Finally got around to following your blog, really can't understand why i am the first.

    The table is looking good, I'm sure the hand made dove tails won't be a problem to you. Looking forward to seeing what you do with the legs, photo's next time please!

    ReplyDelete