FURNITURE

My blog is of my creations, My furniture, using wood I have collected from here and there, occasionally buying some to make up the difference.
My design is often based around what I have available.
Comments welcome, thanks for your visit.

My Trade Mark

My Trade Mark
I'm into diamonds

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Waste not


I have had a bucket of teak off cuts in the garage for about 6 years, another boat job its waste from the deck.


As a lot of it is narrow and short I can only see myself joining lots of pieces together, I have long thought of a hexagon table but with smaller diamonds hence a lot more of them, see the July 2010 post I have made 3 tables using different timbers the diamonds are about 85mm wide this time I am thinking 45mm wide so that is about 90mm over the hexagon as is the sample I have made.
I can see the challenge is going to be getting each hexagon accurate enough so any inaccuracy does not compound itself. 
I so much wanted to post a video of the computer desk but it would seem it was too big to publish.

No comments:

Post a Comment