FURNITURE

My blog is of my creations, My furniture, using wood I have collected from here and there, occasionally buying some to make up the difference.
My design is often based around what I have available.
Comments welcome, thanks for your visit.

My Trade Mark

My Trade Mark
I'm into diamonds

Thursday, January 30, 2014

SOME REWARDS

On 25 December I showed the coming together of an idea and I was pleased with the result, I said that the piece would be cut into 4mm pieces and glued to the curved pieces I showed in the last post, as you can see it has all happened and pleasing it is too, these are about 65mm high X 40mm thick and 1500mm around the curve, the arc is one I made up as the ends have to come into each leg of the table but they will also meet in the middle as shown in the picture so there is a straight section on each end.
I think they will remain loose of the table until the polishing is complete so the lacquer will be even in the point where they join then I will glue them together.
There is a mortice in each end of about 80mm and once they are fitted to the legs (about 20mm too long now) I will glue in a oak tenon that will protrude from the leg with a wedge to hold the leg, I see these being about 200mm from the floor, I don't like the idea of feet and shoes being put on them and the damage that will occur but then a table is to use and if damage occurs I will know its been used.
There is also progress with the table top, this is 3 pieces I have been fitting together as I glue on the boarders and once they are all at this stage I want to have them put through a drum sander the theory is they will all be the same thickness, then I can start on the back side.

No comments:

Post a Comment