FURNITURE

My blog is of my creations, My furniture, using wood I have collected from here and there, occasionally buying some to make up the difference.
My design is often based around what I have available.
Comments welcome, thanks for your visit.

My Trade Mark

My Trade Mark
I'm into diamonds

Saturday, February 21, 2015

February 2015

It was a hard 3 days getting the roof off and back on but now just a distant memory though the pectoral muscle still aches from pulling nails, I must be okay I swam the usual 30 lengthen of the pool today the hot pool afterwords is sure welcome.
So the roof and all its capping s is complete along with the finial that indicates that this is Bobs Church, there is a new door on order and one day in the distant future the carport may get a make over, I had reduced the pile of rubbish but I see its collecting again.

The electrician has been in the house for 2 days and by the middle of next week all the old black rubber coated wiring will be out in that rubbish pile along with the old fuse board, when I was not needed to pull wires and screw in flush boxes I have been busy washing and cleaning light fittings along with pulling off gib board so we could run the new wires, today has seen part of the laundry floor join the rubbish pile I think all the floor will be replaced but what I pulled up today was rotten from long ago leaks it is also creating an opportunity to get close to the plumbing that needs a revamp so once the electrician is finished water piping could be next.    

1 comment:

  1. I love the "Church" and think it should be known as "St Bob's". The finial and the lovely low relief embellishments to the front wall really make this structure a work of art. Shudder, shudder.... that black rubber coated wiring..., one of the first of the jobs here was getting that taken out. We rented a house in Dunedin once, and there was a nasty "bang", a flash, and a puff of smoke when we were making the bed one evening. The sheet had flicked the light bulb as we flapped it over the bed, and the insulation around the wire to the light crumbled away enough for wires to touch together! I seem to remember that it was more of that black rubber vintage!

    ReplyDelete