FURNITURE

My blog is of my creations, My furniture, using wood I have collected from here and there, occasionally buying some to make up the difference.
My design is often based around what I have available.
Comments welcome, thanks for your visit.

My Trade Mark

My Trade Mark
I'm into diamonds

Thursday, May 10, 2018

Far away

At the end of February I went to Dunedin, the mission was to remove a fire place that of course involved removing the whole chimney stack which involved a days work on the roof removing the bricks and fixing the hole that remained when the bricks were gone, we found matching tiles, tiles of matching shape but some were painted however from the ground you can hardly tell, next we took the wall board off so we could get the bricks down from inside the roof, the bricks that were visible inside the lounge took me a whole day to remove I was only throwing them out of the window next to the fire place but its a lot of bricks, it was then a further day to remove that piece of concrete as we got to floor level it became apparent a machine was needed to break up the concrete at and below the floor so we could install some woodwork to support a new floor, much of the flooring has woodworm in it so we put down 2 whole sheets of ply wood across the whole room, we re gib board the wall and while doing this had pipes put in for a heat pump to replace the fire, there was a large piece of ceiling to replace and plaster along with the plastering of the wall, some trim along the top and some sealer paint and I think we were at the end of week 2 or maybe a day or 2 more.
Next job was to be renovate the bathroom but that's another blog posting.





No comments:

Post a Comment