FURNITURE

My blog is of my creations, My furniture, using wood I have collected from here and there, occasionally buying some to make up the difference.
My design is often based around what I have available.
Comments welcome, thanks for your visit.

My Trade Mark

My Trade Mark
I'm into diamonds

Thursday, June 4, 2020

On with the easy tables

With the big difficult table finished and some wood to spare the macrocarpa slab lent its self to an outdoor rustic type, this slab being 90mm thick was difficult to cut with my limited resources, I was a leg short so I had to add some of my own wood, this picture shows it in an unfinished state it has now had some coats of Sikkens light oak water proofing.

The final table is a coffee table made using the left over kauri the white wavy stripe and the X rails are Lancewood an interesting tree that changes its leaf shape as it matures, they take a long time to mature and this was a big tree that had come down in a wind and must be old given its size.
I now have enough kauri left to make a chopping board and 2 small turned bowls.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment