FURNITURE

My blog is of my creations, My furniture, using wood I have collected from here and there, occasionally buying some to make up the difference.
My design is often based around what I have available.
Comments welcome, thanks for your visit.

My Trade Mark

My Trade Mark
I'm into diamonds

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Busy Weekend

Some time ago I was given a small band saw, a some what unloved band saw and it has sat in the garage unloved for a while now, this weekend was love a band saw weekend and it looks like I will have to continue to love it for a few weekends to come, I wonder if it too much to ask for some love in return one day.
I did have to share my attention however and the inlay for the Tawa top took a leap forward, it is decided to put a small panel of inlay on each side of the apron/rails that I will also attach the legs to, one panel of inlay will be in the center of the draw and I hope to turn a knob from a block of the same.
The rails will be Tawa and the legs layed up from a Mahogany veneer, my legs in the drawing look a bit weak or is it the rails that look too heavy, it needs more work than I have done up to now.
I think there was some shake when I too the pics so don't zoom in too much it hurts the eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment