FURNITURE

My blog is of my creations, My furniture, using wood I have collected from here and there, occasionally buying some to make up the difference.
My design is often based around what I have available.
Comments welcome, thanks for your visit.

My Trade Mark

My Trade Mark
I'm into diamonds

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Better late than never.


Best wishes for 2011.

The Inlay table has been finished a while and
what started as an experiment with the pattern on the top and the string inlay has proved to be something I want to look at so the old formica top table will remain by the bed, I am pleased I made the effort to give the legs a taped look in there thickness, and am now thinking there are so many possibilities in the use of the string inlays.
The lighter wood is New Zealand tawa the legs are a sapele 1mm veneer and the inlay is tawa and I think a mahogany.
It was given a coat of satin lacquer professional.



No comments:

Post a Comment