FURNITURE

My blog is of my creations, My furniture, using wood I have collected from here and there, occasionally buying some to make up the difference.
My design is often based around what I have available.
Comments welcome, thanks for your visit.

My Trade Mark

My Trade Mark
I'm into diamonds

Saturday, January 10, 2015

Measure twice cut once

I have measured the the sink bench many times during the planing and discuses the wheres and why
fors a few times too so there is little wonder that it fit so well as for how we find it to use only time will tell.
As for the aesthetics, up to now its good but as the photo shows  there is some missing, the upstand at the back is two pieces and the second piece is to be made next week, I will leave it loose as some day in the future I will make new cupboards so it will all have to be pulled out.

As I had the top sat out in the middle of the room I looked and thought is this the right size, at the time it was a real concern but now we know the result it was an unnecessary concern, of course it is so easy to get a measurement wrong so the measure and re measure is all worth the effort, the stainless at this stage had a protective film on it.










The roof has a few leaks, I am pleased we are having a dry spell, I have a bucket under one place I see that drips, one side of the roof looks very weak and I have decided it best to keep of it as I could
create more problems, I look forward to February when the roofers tell me they have time to replace the old iron and gutters, I have decided to strip the old paint and repaint before the roofers start, it does involve removing the gutters and a lot of hard work on a ladder, the years tell me the bigger the effort the bigger the reward so along with so many other jobs a little each day and it will be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment