FURNITURE

My blog is of my creations, My furniture, using wood I have collected from here and there, occasionally buying some to make up the difference.
My design is often based around what I have available.
Comments welcome, thanks for your visit.

My Trade Mark

My Trade Mark
I'm into diamonds

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Mostly finished

The pantry is operational the fridge has a permanent home, the doors are painted as is the wall.
The shelves are a melamine faced MDF with a white formica edging glued on with pva, it was a slow process but now its finished well worth the effort, the shelves are sat on a steel bracket system so they are adjustable but look good to me as they are, there is another shelf high up not seen in the photo that we have all the chutney on, I had to put ply on the floor to cover up the old floor I don't like leaving old flooring in but in this case I had little choice and the new ply creates a rebate that the doors fit to making it mouse proof (I hope) as we have had a few around the house popping up where there are gaps in the floors due to what I am doing, I created removable panels so I can access the back of the switch board.
There is a 80mm gap either side of the fridge that works fine as the doors are thick and need that space to open otherwise the fridge would have to sit out but as it is we can keep it back in the hole, the

ceiling is unfinished as is the floor and will remain that way for now, I have used a 38mm dia round corner to the gibboard that I like and am pleased with the outcome.
The feijoa tree in the back garden has been greatly reduced now and has been taken to the green waste tip, we have had so much fruit and will miss having it stewed each day on breakfast but then there is a freezer full of the pulp just waiting to be defrosted.
After our visitors have gone it will be back to the laundry and new windows and I can have one room complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment