FURNITURE

My blog is of my creations, My furniture, using wood I have collected from here and there, occasionally buying some to make up the difference.
My design is often based around what I have available.
Comments welcome, thanks for your visit.

My Trade Mark

My Trade Mark
I'm into diamonds

Sunday, May 31, 2015

Time off

The laundry is finished, I need a break, so we are off to explore the road through to Gisborne State Highway 2 and have a look at Eastwoodhill Arboretum, its 200km and through a gorge following a river, its the end of May and a cold snap is over the country as we travel the road there is still frost on the grass at midday, we have a brief look at Gisborne then find accommodation for the night its boutique so one stand alone unit next to a house amongst the avocado trees there is a spa pool so I soak a while before we head out to eat.
Eastwoodhill is good but cold amongst those big trees, we had seen some dog trials so headed back to warm in the sun and enjoy the dogs and owners competing, a very competent pair I had watched seemed willing to divulge that the dog had been in training for 5 years it was 6 years old (sorry no photos), this road State Highway 2 is such a pleasant road to travel being a mixture of citrus orchards grape vines and sheep farming for the first few flat klms then its into the hills and following the river and the river got bigger and the hills higher we had the time so letting those past who just wanted to get to a destination I enjoyed the views we stopped at this relic of a bridge that in years long ago took 3 families to their farms, its the Tauranga Bridge and when I look it up on Google Earth there is no wonder farming was not possible in those hills, it must have been disheartening to travel past all that flat land from Opotiki then try and farm in those hills.
We had a good couple of days, the paint on the door frames I painted before we left is now well dry and I feel safe closing the doors on the laundry and hot water cupboard, that's 2 rooms finished. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment