FURNITURE

My blog is of my creations, My furniture, using wood I have collected from here and there, occasionally buying some to make up the difference.
My design is often based around what I have available.
Comments welcome, thanks for your visit.

My Trade Mark

My Trade Mark
I'm into diamonds

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Mud

I am waiting for a window so can't work on that wall, I have the other walls gibed and taped with the first coat of stopping, I will get the final stopping on the walls before I put any gib cove up around the ceiling, I have used a metal corner to the internal corners and fiberglass tape to the joints, I have put the old underlay on the floor to protect it from damage now I have to remember not to drop tools as I finish with them.
This is where the new wardrobe will be, I have pre-fitted some timber to take the top shelf and 2 vertical divider boards but will now get the wall painted and cove in place, there is a small block on the floor where one of the posts will be and this will be repeated at the top but with a smaller block and the inlayed post between them, I have the ply for some of the shelving cut and in the process of being painted in the workshop / garage and will progress with that while I finish the stopping and first coats of paint.
I will pre-finish all these posts before I install them and they will be in bits so I can get them between the floor and ceiling without damage I hope.   
 

No comments:

Post a Comment