FURNITURE

My blog is of my creations, My furniture, using wood I have collected from here and there, occasionally buying some to make up the difference.
My design is often based around what I have available.
Comments welcome, thanks for your visit.

My Trade Mark

My Trade Mark
I'm into diamonds

Sunday, September 8, 2019

Prep for wood show

The drawers have been finished a while now so I turned my attention to what else I would enter in the wood skills show, the Yin Yang I had made thinking I may use it on the top of the drawers had to have a home and a place in the show, I had a rimu bowl with too many defects and thought if I cut off the bottom I would replace it with the Yin Yang, The end result is not what I really wanted but then it shows the Yin Yang of working with wood the course wood and the fine the heart wood and the sap the perfect wood and the defects the light and dark wood, dare I say it the right shape and the !!!! well this bowl says a lot of things and its not all perfect so that
is Yin and Yang as I understand it.


No comments:

Post a Comment