FURNITURE

My blog is of my creations, My furniture, using wood I have collected from here and there, occasionally buying some to make up the difference.
My design is often based around what I have available.
Comments welcome, thanks for your visit.

My Trade Mark

My Trade Mark
I'm into diamonds

Tuesday, June 21, 2022

Spring Time

 Another copy, well its a copy with my slant and improvements made to the one I saw,

now it looks different as now it has bigger hand on the clock, the base has been carved and coloured to look like grass, the spring and base have had a few coats of rattle can lacquer.

The piece I saw only had 3 coils to its spring, he had painted his base and spring green his clock face was white with a small clock set into the flower so it had numbers.

However this is my version, it was at first a daunting challenge, the good part was that the guy who I have copied had shown how he had formed the spring so while it all took a long time to make some of the brain storming was taken out of it.

I did not want to show a clock face so I bought a clock mechanism that I have had to house into the back and make a cover for.

I have glued the spring into the base but the clock face lifts off the spring, and yes it does spring.


No comments:

Post a Comment