FURNITURE

My blog is of my creations, My furniture, using wood I have collected from here and there, occasionally buying some to make up the difference.
My design is often based around what I have available.
Comments welcome, thanks for your visit.

My Trade Mark

My Trade Mark
I'm into diamonds

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Bathroom cave

While the sun shines outside I have my head buried in the bathroom floor,the feature wall is finished apart from some shelves I have half a plan for, the towel rail is fixed and wired in the heater the same, the floor had 2 layers of vinyl on it with a layer of hardboard between so lots of nails and glue to get past I decided the easiest way was to pull up the boards and put them through the thicknesser I did a lot of damage pulling them up and spent a few hours gluing and cramping splits the nails had caused or that I had caused I didn't see all the staples and damaged the knives in the thicknesser so I had a bit of hand sanding to do then a coat of two pot varnish epoxy waterproofing and some woodworm treatment to the back, I had to tinker with the joists as they were not very flat over the top one joist
was badly effected with resin and split so I put better fixings along side the joists, the sizealation paper is a thing of the past but some protection is better than none, I have drilled out all the old nail holes and will plug them those I can use for the screws I will, I have put a small harris on the corners "cos I know they won't be exactly flush and with the small V it won't be noticed and feel nice to the feet, I had to fit the first board to the new wall as I don't want a skirting board there is also no scotia on this wall, there are a lot of plugs some cover the screw fixings and some just take out the old nail holes as they were black or rust coloured, I have moved the door way over so eventually I can install a 1500mm wide stainless steel shower with glass screens, all the other walls will be of a white gloss sheet that looks
like tiles, there is a new hand basin hung of the wall that I have made a special bracket for but I think that is another post as I need the photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment