FURNITURE

My blog is of my creations, My furniture, using wood I have collected from here and there, occasionally buying some to make up the difference.
My design is often based around what I have available.
Comments welcome, thanks for your visit.

My Trade Mark

My Trade Mark
I'm into diamonds

Sunday, March 29, 2015

New Walls and Heat Pump

The man came and put some pipes in the wall to connect the outside unit to the inside unit that blows the warm air, I had spent most of a day scraping and sanding the boards before putting 3 coats of paint on I thought best do it before that pipework went in and the outside unit will cover one third of the wall so there would be no chance to do it afterwards now it makes the other boards around the sliding door look shabby so that is on the to do list, I am so pleased we are able to get the outside unit under some shelter and not near plants as I think they have to be kept clean to work correctly, the pipes travel in the wall cavity to where the inside unit will be mounted I did put in more wood to fix it to and have now re gibed the wall, the walls are the old 8ft stud and that is 40mm more than our present 2.4m stud that all our sheets are made for so our sheets are short hence the gap filler at the
top that I hope one day will be covered with a scotia, now the push is on to get the wall stopped and painted then the man will return to install heating for us and the way the weather is changing it won't be too soon, the new gib on these walls make the other walls look old and untidy so I can see all the gib coming off eventually and that will lead to a different scotia.
Our huge Feijoa tree has started to drop its fruit and I ate the first one yesterday, today about 10 and they are so good, the orange and lemon trees have masses of fruit getting bigger by the day, we can't use all the lemons but we will get through the oranges.
Today I took out the last of the walls of the laundry some of the studs were very worm eaten with lots of dust falling as I hammered and cut them so I am well pleased they have now gone, the walls are rebuilt and are now to be lined, the floor has been pre varnished and is ready to go down, I will then need some new doors and frames they will be easy to fix in the new stud work, the days are very rewarding now and I am managing to keep the house livable with a bit of a clean up at the end of each day, the shower works much better now with the new plumbing and the sun warmed water.     


No comments:

Post a Comment