FURNITURE

My blog is of my creations, My furniture, using wood I have collected from here and there, occasionally buying some to make up the difference.
My design is often based around what I have available.
Comments welcome, thanks for your visit.

My Trade Mark

My Trade Mark
I'm into diamonds

Sunday, June 21, 2015

One thing leads to another

Here is the photo that should have been in the last post, that daunting block
of concrete under the toilet that I took about 80mm off I then put some timber around the waste pipe to eventually fix the flooring to I then put some mastic that will remain flexible around the pipe to protect it, the flooring will all be cleaned and look like that on the right, most of that problem has now gone away.
The problem of what to do with the bricks and concrete around the fire place was often on my mind but as I got on with the garden project it became clear what I should do with it, the raised garden to the left is always in shade during the winter so putting a foot path along the side was an obvious choice, our soil is very deep and at about 500mm becomes sand
so a thick course of bricks and concrete will be covered with pebbles, the small middle path may be the same, I still need more soil so digging out more of the path to the end of the carport is on the cards.
I have been reasonably free of back ache these last few days so felt able to swim 40 lengths of the pool yesterday and felt the effects all day the result was an early night in bed, today we started with a 40 minuet walk before breakfast but then the back started to complain, I do find it best to keep moving about if I can when this happens with the hope that I can work the back right that is with rest, sheeting off part of the house and pulling down some gib board seemed manageable so here we are creating a footpath, those concrete blocks behind the stud work look heavy, the wardrobes on the other side of that wall are going to be demolished so the blocks may be coming out via the bedroom, there had been a few roof leaks prior to the new roof the ceiling is effected and will be another job once this wall is rebuilt and the bedroom brought back to use, I can see a few weeks work here given that I try not to put too much strain on my back by not doing too much at a time.
Keep watching. 

No comments:

Post a Comment