FURNITURE

My blog is of my creations, My furniture, using wood I have collected from here and there, occasionally buying some to make up the difference.
My design is often based around what I have available.
Comments welcome, thanks for your visit.

My Trade Mark

My Trade Mark
I'm into diamonds

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Fun pulling it all down

I was not sure what was involved with pulling out a fireplace, I knew there is a concrete pad down onto the ground and we had taken out the top of the chimney when the new roof went on so what I had to remove was below ceiling height but a lot of brick and concrete to break up and remove that will be used as a base for paths in the garden most of the concrete was a light weight pumice mix that made it easy to move outside.
View from the bedroom side that will become an open wardrobe as we find doors on wardrobes an inconvenience that sucks up floor space, I think we will have a hanging space at each end with space in the middle for a chest of draws, the room is the old 12ft wide or in my language 3.660 making it difficult for sheet sizes.
The gib board is very weak the core is crumbly and the paper has no holding power in those days nothing was glued so the gib was  easy to remove but messy so lots of clean ups, the stud work is very bent and uneven varying in width so it is going to be an entire new wall and as there is a bracing member there I will line it with gib bracing, at the top the ceiling is a mess a result of hot fires and leaks so the ceiling could face a similar future.
I have an idea of some wall lights on the lounge side probably the type that would be mounted over a picture, there is also a lot of work to fix up the floor which could involve some concrete cutting work, it is also a good opportunity to place the insulation in the right places.
Up and onwards with the fun.
 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment