FURNITURE

My blog is of my creations, My furniture, using wood I have collected from here and there, occasionally buying some to make up the difference.
My design is often based around what I have available.
Comments welcome, thanks for your visit.

My Trade Mark

My Trade Mark
I'm into diamonds

Friday, July 10, 2015

A little painting

This is the wall that once upon a time had a fire place, now its clean fresh and straight the holes that different obsolete wires came from are all gone and we have one more power point, I also took the light from the ceiling and put in two wall lights, there are now only two walls in the lounge that are still the blue painted wall paper one is the wall with the window and the wall with a sliding door both of which I hope one day to replace but not this winter and the bedroom behind this wall needs a lot of my attention.
I painted doors in the garage when doing the pantry, laundry and
hot water cupboard and each time had difficulties with either wind blown dust or insects getting their feet in the paint and leaving trails as they struggled to escape, so while I have an empty room and a ceiling I am going to replace I can hang doors and paint both sides at once, having them flat results in no runs in the paint and I am able to paint the top and bottom of the door to my mind a good idea as I have seen many doors suffer from not being painted top and bottom.
The wall behind the doors is the next one to be replaced I have
already removed 2 studs they were the straight ones all the others are bent I will put them over a planer and straighten them then glue them together in pairs this will keep them straighter so I can thickness them and cut them before gluing on a third piece to bring them back to 90 X 45, here I show those that came from the last wall, nails removed straightened and glued up there is much to do but I don't want to chop them up for fire wood as I no longer have a fire, they become very stiff when laminated and I hope there is little chance of them bending so I am going to get the best finish on the gib board that I can, it is a good feeling knowing that I am able to do it all myself  and get a reasonable finish, the walls are good practice before I start on ceilings.   

No comments:

Post a Comment