FURNITURE

My blog is of my creations, My furniture, using wood I have collected from here and there, occasionally buying some to make up the difference.
My design is often based around what I have available.
Comments welcome, thanks for your visit.

My Trade Mark

My Trade Mark
I'm into diamonds

Sunday, July 19, 2015

A Whole New Bed Room

This is the new wall from the bedroom side where the fire place was, now the ceiling has been removed too, it was fibrous plaster a product I think is better than gib board but it was sagging, acrylic paint had been used over an oil based paint and it was peeling off, there was all the awful insulation from a bygone age up there that is good to be rid of and I wanted the opportunity to anchor the roof better so it has gone and will be replaced with gib board.
The ceiling joists are awfully bent so I will be using the Rondo system of steel to straighten the whole ceiling up, here you see all the new insulation that has been added in recent years.
This is the wall at the other side of the bedroom, I have replaced this wall too so only the exterior wall will remain original, I am looking forward to seeing some gib board on the ceiling and think I will have to place some of the insulation as I place each sheet as the roof is very low and no crawl space.
The best part of renewing everything is knowing I am not painting over old paint and hoping for a good finish.
I am thinking a new window in the room but once the ceiling is up I will need a week to do something with the floor, fill the holes, sand and seal then put some gib on the walls.
Onwards and upwards. 

No comments:

Post a Comment