FURNITURE

My blog is of my creations, My furniture, using wood I have collected from here and there, occasionally buying some to make up the difference.
My design is often based around what I have available.
Comments welcome, thanks for your visit.

My Trade Mark

My Trade Mark
I'm into diamonds

Thursday, July 27, 2017

Good things take time

By the time this is on the bathroom wall it could be 3 months since I started it, I am now waiting for the polyurethane to cure very well I got some runs in it and scraped them off now what is left feels a little soft and imagine that it won't sand well until it is hard, I would rather not re coat it as it looks thick on the carvings and to sand them would loose the definition of the carving.
I have never carved before so it was a fun interesting few days that I carved 10 in all trying to work out what I wanted, and now was I to make another I would do it differently so that now leaves room to do another one day, now I need a mirror cutting and the ply back screwing on before it goes on the wall.
I now have 2 more wood lathes so there is a whole new world before me, one of them is on a steel base the result a lot of drumming when it runs so I hope a wooden base in place of the steel will cure it.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment