FURNITURE

My blog is of my creations, My furniture, using wood I have collected from here and there, occasionally buying some to make up the difference.
My design is often based around what I have available.
Comments welcome, thanks for your visit.

My Trade Mark

My Trade Mark
I'm into diamonds

Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Top ends

My table top now has 2 ends and while the photo shows only one of them having its finished curve both of them are actually finished, now there is a lot of sanding to do.
Half of the table in this photo has water on it, but 10 minuets later it was dry and it all looked the same, its been warm during the day here.
In these pictures the legs were mocked up temporally so I could see what the end result would be, how much room there would be for chairs, the 2 curved pieces that hold the legs together will be much bigger they will have tenons on the ends that push through a mortise in the legs with a wedge to hold it all together.
The legs will have some contrasting wood in a pattern running down front and back of the leg, I am hoping to move the legs further apart on the long side making it easier to get 2 chairs side by side.



No comments:

Post a Comment