FURNITURE

My blog is of my creations, My furniture, using wood I have collected from here and there, occasionally buying some to make up the difference.
My design is often based around what I have available.
Comments welcome, thanks for your visit.

My Trade Mark

My Trade Mark
I'm into diamonds

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The Stringer


The stringer is a .6mm Tawa veneer in the center with 2.25mm Mahogany on either side then 1.2mm Tawa veneer then another 2.25mm Mahogany, the Mahogany seems very course and has taken a lot of filling with the two pot epoxy and I guess as it shrinks back there will be more filling to come but at the moment I just enjoy being able to look at the results.
The thoughts are of a 120mm wide skirt under the top of Tawa set back about 50mm then some angled legs in a better grade of Mahogany that pass in front of the skirt and finish under the top, I am wondering about a draw in the skirt, the front to have a matching inlay of stringing, there is not a lot of room so the draw would be small, maybe when I feel less crowded with projects it will come right.

No comments:

Post a Comment